Making SecureDrop t-shirts, stickers, stand banner & table cloth

@elioqoshi @edenemmanuel I updated the topic with a table to keep track. It is editable so you can update at will. Great to see that moving!

2 Likes

@dachary I actually have a couple files! I had to dig them up in my home directory (I have search turned off, heh.)

I have a .png, a .svg, and finally a .psd (for all you freedom hating Photoshop users out there :wink: ) I zipped them up. I think I’m attaching this correctly. Do let me know if you can’t see it.
SD Logo-20180628T215349Z-001.zip (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Very cool! So if we send one of those files to the same maker you used (StickerMule ?) they will deliver the same SecureDrop stickers (nice ones, shaped like the logo, not rectangular)?

1 Like

We can make them all sorts of shapes I suppose, but this is their default shape, which I quite like:

I believe this was was 2 inches by 1.something inches.

If we get a high enough budget we can probably order like tons of them.

Yes, these look super nice! Do you remember how to ask them to do the same? Maybe sending them the picture and ask for the same in ~2inches wide would be enough. That sounds a little imprecise but simple :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the record the first batch of 50 stickers was ordered (2x2 inches) and shipped to my home, ETA july 15th. I will bring 25 stickers to SSL so @dshmL has some for Trans Hackmeeting If those are good we can repeat in larger quantities to save money. The topic message was updated to be used as a reference.

Here is the proof (design parlance I suppose) that stickermule asks to approve. It looks exactly like the stickers in the photo above and the measurements also match. Unless someone says otherwise I’ll approve in the next 24h. Also it makes more sense to order 100 instead of 50 given that it saves almost 50%.

I’ve ordered them a few times myself. It’s actually easy for me to reorder, since the proof was already done on my end.

1 Like

I should also mention that I believe all the proofmaking (or most of it) is automated, which is why there’s a relatively fast turnaround.

Great! Could you order them so they are delivered at my home address? I’ll visit @dshmL later this month to give him some.

I’m not sure if I can easily ship to Europe, but I can check. Are you on Keybase? You could pass your home address to me in some encrypted form. :slight_smile:

I sent you a PGP encrypted email with my home address and checked that they ship to Europe.

Thanks again, really excited to get these stickers!

1 Like

Excellent. Sounds good. I just placed an order and hopefully they’ll be in your house as soon as next week. Probably the biggest blocker will be customs (unless they make them from the EU, but we’ll see!).

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Was shipment free or added on top of the USD 134 for 500 stickers? If shipment was free, it is a good indication that they do no send them from the US.

Can we please not continue with creating new swag until the style guide is finished? The new website has changes to the logo and color palette and we should reflect this. Let’s get coordinated on this folks and not rush it :confused:

Also, I could ask Stickermule to get us some free stickers so you don’t have to spend money on that.

We need swag, our life is meaningless without swag :slight_smile:

More seriously there are a few events happening in the weeks to come, reason why ordering stickers now made sense. It’s very generous of you to offer free credits and we should definitely preserve that for a new batch of stickers as soon as the design you’re working on is ready.

Thank you!

1 Like

Ah okay that makes sense. Anything needed after August however we can print with new guidelines :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry @elioqoshi! Freedom of the Press Foundation has been printing stickers for some time in this format, and we’re actually gearing up for HOPE. But I’m totally willing to participate with testing some new stickers under the new guidelines. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure! But FotPF also decided to redo the website which introduced a new branding direction :smiley:

@edenemmanuel the stickers did not arrive yet. I’m not worried :slight_smile: Just curious to know if you have a way to track progress of the shipment / making?