Legislative proposal will be based on articles 114 (functioning of the internal market) and 325 (financial interest of the EU). It follows that, contrary to what V. Jourovà said, it will not be horizontal.
Legislative proposal from the Commission will most likely come on April 17, 25 at latest !
It is announced for April 23rd.
It looks like the press has a a draft of the directive which the civil society working with the commission does not have yet. That’s somewhat funny
Eurocadres, the European trade union voice of professionals & managers, welcomes directive proposal: Proposed directive will give broad protection to whistleblowers in the EU.
- June 25 JURI report handed in translation
- July 9 or 10 July JURI report is presented (in theory, it means that the period for submitting amendments will be in July)
- October 9 or 10 JURI vote
- November/December Plenary
- Spreadsheet for civil society where priority issues can be marked down by each organization
- legislative observatory to check rapporteurs /committees
July SecureDrop Community Monthly Meeting, Online