Issues after update to 1.7.0

I’m currently running two instances for different companies… for some reason one of them stopped working after the upgrade, their setup should be fairly similar so it’s a bit strange that it happened. I don’t have access to the servers today (other than trying something as trivial as a reboot, that didn’t help), but I will probably go into the office tomorrow.

OSSEC HIDS Notification.
2021 Jan 27 12:48:14
Received From: (applicationserver) x.x.x.x->/var/log/syslog
Rule: 1002 fired (level 2) → “Unknown problem somewhere in the system.”
Portion of the log(s):
Jan 27 12:48:07 applicationserver python[1136]: AttributeError: module ‘config’ has no attribute ‘SESSION_EXPIRATION_MINUTES’
–END OF NOTIFICATION
OSSEC HIDS Notification.
Portion of the log(s):
Jan 27 12:48:08 applicationserver systemd[1]: securedrop_rqrequeue.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
–END OF NOTIFICATION
OSSEC HIDS Notification.
Portion of the log(s):
Jan 27 12:48:08 applicationserver systemd[1]: securedrop_rqrequeue.service: Unit entered failed state.
–END OF NOTIFICATION
OSSEC HIDS Notification.
Portion of the log(s):
Jan 27 12:48:08 applicationserver systemd[1]: securedrop_rqrequeue.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
–END OF NOTIFICATION

ossec.txt (12.3 KB)

Here is a workaround until 1.7.1 is published:

• From the Admin usb key
  • Open a terminal
  • ssh app
  • echo ‘SESSION_EXPIRATION_MINUTES = 120’ | sudo tee -a /var/www/securedrop/config.py
  • sudo apt-get install -f
2 Likes

Super thanks, now I know what to start with tomorrow

1 Like

Hello, thanks for reaching out. We are currently investigating the issue and tracking it in https://github.com/freedomofpress/securedrop/issues/5757

1 Like

I reprioritized and gave this a try today since I had a possible fix, and it seems to be working just fine! We are now up and running again.
Hats of to you @dachary

1 Like

Thanks again for reporting the issue. A fix has been deployed with the release of SecureDrop 1.7.1: https://securedrop.org/news/securedrop-1_7_1-released/

1 Like