Which pad hosting platform should we use?

Some snippeties from:

https://oasis.sandstorm.io/privacy

Data Storage Location

All data we collect is stored in the United States on servers at our infrastructure service provider, Google Cloud Services

We also may share your data with law enforcement or other third parties to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law (including without limitation in response to service of process). Any such action will be consistent with the policies and guidelines included in our Terms of Service. We may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.

If we merge with another company or are acquired by another company, we will share all of the data we have gathered with that company. In this event, Sandstorm will notify you before information about you is transferred and becomes subject to a different privacy policy.

Please note that even after we have changed or deleted your data from our systems, backup copies of your data may continue to exist on systems maintained by our infrastructure vendors (e.g., Google Cloud), over which we may not have control.

This policy is effective as of September 9, 2016.

2 Likes

Good to note. Happy to move notes to an alternate platform if you have good recommendations for collaborative tools. Let’s move any discussion about this to a new thread or email however.

I moved these messages to a new thread. My personal favorites are:

With a preference to https://pad.riseup.net/ because it feels more stable.

1 Like

My understanding is that Riseup pads are deleted after 30 days of inactivity however. That is my only concern there.

Not as familiar with Framapad, but I like that it has several different services to fill in some of the Google suite holes.

1 Like