Using Whonix with SecureDrop

Hi There,

Im from Whonix Community , and i saw that securedrop is more suitable with Whonix design.

So i would like to hear your thoughts as well, and what do you think about it Whonix-SecureDrop combination.

Thank You :blush:

2 Likes

Hi there,

So i would like to hear your thoughts as well, and what do you think about it Whonix-SecureDrop combination.

Please have a look at our new GitHub - freedomofpress/securedrop-workstation: Qubes-based SecureDrop Journalist Workstation environment for submission handling project. We already using Whonix there. Please provide suggestions or any other feedback on the Github issues which can make the experience of the end users even better.

2 Likes

Is your question with regards to how the UX team is designing interaction patterns and user messaging to guide non-technical/average folks through using Disposable VMs? (there’s a UX tag on this post, hence ye question)

I’m not exactly sure where Whonix begins or ends, and where Qubes begins or ends, but we are addressing a number of things involving OS and Client crossover.

We (the UX team) would love to collaborate with the Whonix community if there’s user research or other user centered design things we could learn from one another with. Our UX project-page for the Workstation, is here: https://github.com/freedomofpress/securedrop-ux/wiki/Qubes-Journalist-Workstation

Kushal is one of our technical peeps, and the link he shared is for the architectural design (devoid of pixels and user-facing things). :):slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like