Please add Icelandic to Weblate

Please add support for Icelandic as a language in Weblate.
Now there’s at least one very public SecureDrop instance in Iceland, courtesy of the RUV national broadcasting service. Obviously this has to be localized.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out @sveinki - Icelandic is now available for translation here: https://weblate.securedrop.org/projects/securedrop/securedrop/is/

1 Like

Thanks.
Translation finished, hope it gets included in the next version.

1 Like

Hello @sveinki,

That was incredibly fast :smiley: I will reach out to some folks to see who can review and then hopefully it can be included in this release. Worst case scenario, the following release.

Best,
Erin

1 Like

@sveinki,

I found a reviewer to look over the finished translations so that they can be added into the 0.12.0 release of SecureDrop. There are several new strings that now need to be translated however. Are you able to translate them in the coming days?

Best,
Erin

Þann 20.2.2019 08:01, skrifaði ErinM via SecureDrop:

I found a reviewer to look over the finished translations so that they can be added into the 0.12.0 release of SecureDrop. There are several new strings that now need to be translated however. Are you able to translate them in the coming days?

Already done :wink:

I saw a couple of days ago, someone by the name Oktavia started adding a
few translations and changing others. Some were good suggestions and
some weren’t. The problem is, we have no way of contacting each other
via Weblate, just to straighten things out.

So, if you give her a Reviewer status, I’d really like to have a chat
with her, because as a translator for Tor (and LibreOffice,
Nextcloud/OwnCloud, VLC, and many other) I think it’s important to
streamline the vocabulary using “official” definitions as much as
possible. Which is not always possible :wink:

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli

Hey @sveinki, I am more than happy to put you in touch. I will ping her and see if she is able to join the SecureDrop forum or prefers to chat via email or elsewhere.

1 Like