Spanish is 100% done. Ready for revision

Ah it is you! I just checked your photo. :slight_smile: Cool!

I went through the Spanish Translation and almost everything looked great! Thanks so much for doing this @daniel . I made some very minor notes below:

I marked a few as “needs revision”:

Minor formatting fixes (capitalization and such, did not change the strings)

Added a suggestion in a comment

@bmeson thank you for revising. I appreciate it. I went through them, and the only one that bothers me, is when translating or not the “Google Authenticador”. I am using both, like this “Autenticador de Google (Google Authenticator”, en caso the application doesn’t change name in spanish speaking countries.

@daniel I think that is a reasonable trade-off, it makes the strings a bit longer but I think still reasonable. I verified that its “Autenticador Google” in the App Store so we can keep "“Autenticador de Google”. I think we can “lock” the translations where you are comfortable, that way we have a 100% translated language before string freeze.

@bmeson Thank you finding the name in Spanish. Where I am confortable, how do I do that. I will check when I get home. How long do we have before the string freeze?

It happened a few days ago, November 17th, meaning the strings found in the SecureDrop sources will not change until the release scheduled December 5th. But you have until the last minute to fix translations :wink:

@dachary thanks! I am going through the whole enchilada right now, I will let you know when done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dachary and @bmeson, I have completed revising/correcting/updating the Spanish translation. I feel really good about it.

Once someone else provides the confirmation/correction of what is expected in the following to entries, then we are good to go.

https://weblate.securedrop.club/translate/securedrop/securedrop/es/?type=comments&offset=4

https://weblate.securedrop.club/translate/securedrop/securedrop/es/?type=comments&offset=5

Thanks folks!

daniel

Great ! I’ll update the http://i18n.securedrop.club demo with your latest work right now. :sunny:

Awesome! Thanks! :slight_smile:

@dachary - just an fyi: I just checked http://i18n.securedrop.club and it is not reflecting the new changes, at least yet.
To double checked that it wasn’t me, I cleared all history when I tried.

I fell asleep before updating … sorry about that :wink: It’s done now !

No, thank you for working on it.

I found a misspelled word, and extra spaces, and also I noticed that the buttons for that users will need to click to upload files have their labels in English.

A suggestion: At least on this end the drop button for languages doesn’t look like a drop down button to me. Would be better to write the languages names below instead? Something like shown in the following image:

I just noticed that the image you posted earlier shows the same what I am suggesting, the languages name across. :slight_smile:

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions.

daniel

These are displayed by the browser itself: if the browser is in Spanish, they will display in Spanish.

1 Like

This is a recent change (see Add i18n menu with flags by toast · Pull Request #2569 · freedomofpress/securedrop · GitHub). Expanding the list (as it was done previousl) is problematic because it will inevitably overflow.

Ah okay. Thank you. And thank you for including Spanish in this coming version. Que bien!! :slight_smile:

@daniel I made one small change to the previous link you posted. There is a small issue with Google Authenticator string, even if I search Google Play store in Spanish all the screenshots are in English. Since this is a translation of a 3rd-party app, and its such a minor string, I changed it “crear cuenta”. This is the literal translation of “create account” and not “set up account”, but a spanish speaker should be able to understand this. I can also test on a physical android device tomorrow but for now we can consider this 100% done and revised. :raised_hands:

@bmeson thank you for checking and correcting them. Nice that we got it going for the next release. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hello,

I am a native Spanish Speaker.

I would suggest the Following:

ENCRIPTAR
PSEUDONIMO
Odd-Lenght secret = Secreto de longitud impar

Great Work Daniel. I know its a little bit late, but im happy to help. :grinning:

Gino

2 Likes

Hey Gino,

It is good to have another Spanish native speaker aboard! :balloon:
And, thank you for the suggestions.

I am not sure when, of if corrections can be done at this time, but whenever that is possible feel free to join and suggest at their corresponding editing page(s), so we can see the context of the translation.

By the way, the dictionary that I checked says:
to encrypt = encriptar, cifrar
pseudonym = pseudónimo

Many thanks!

Daniel

1 Like